Blog

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Homework Assignment

It's been a while since my last post, and that is because not too long after I made it, I was hired as a Flash Engineer at the social games company Kabam. The work is great and I really enjoy the fun and talented people I get to work with.

When I was first hired on, as with most places, I was asked to give a code sample. Instead of keeping it simple, I decided to write an isometric blitting engine. Since I obviously passed the test, the code sample has just been kicking around on an unlisted section of my website. I showed it to a developer by the name of CJ Cenizal, and he was inspired by some of the ideas within it to write his own awesome blitting engine.

Since it's just gathering dust, I have decided to release the small project into the public domain, and it can be seen here.

If you use this code, attribution is always appreciated, but of course not required. Please leave a comment if you found any of this useful!

2 comments:

  1. Ray, really glad you landed your dream job. Good things come to those who (work hard and) wait. :)

    - Nate

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, It's really helpful source.

    ReplyDelete